Fly in the clouds.
To earn your Instrument Rating, you must have at least a Private Pilot Certificate and:
- 50 Hours of cross country flight time as pilot in command
- 40 Hours of simulated instrument flight time (10 of which can be in our approved simulator* )
- 15 hours of instrument training from an authorized instructor
- 3 hours of flight training in the preceding 60 days before the test
- 1 Cross Country under IFR of at least 250 nm with a different instrument approach at 3 different airports
* Time allowances for simulated instrument time are currently undergoing additional changes. The part 61 times allowed may soon changed to 20 hours allowed. Part 141 training times allow for a much larger portion to be completed in an approved simulator.
Check back often for updates to the lists below
1 A collection of files helpful to pilots at Hillside Aviation.