Fly in the clouds.
To earn your Instrument Rating, you must have at least a Private Pilot Certificate and:
- 50 Hours of cross country flight time as pilot in command
- 40 Hours of simulated instrument flight time (10 of which can be in our approved simulator* )
- 15 hours of instrument training from an authorized instructor
- 3 hours of flight training in the preceding 2 months before the test
- 1 Cross Country under IFR of at least 250 nm with a different instrument approach at 3 different airports
* Time allowances for simulated instrument time are currently undergoing additional changes. The part 61 times allowed may soon changed to 20 hours allowed. Part 141 training times allow for a much larger portion to be completed in an approved simulator.
N123TT is a Cessna 172N for advanced pilots and training that requires a TAA. This plane has a dual Dynon HDX glass panel system, which includes autopilot and flight director functions, as well as typical moving maps, ADS-B out&in, with a WiFi link, VFR and IFR charts, and an Air Conditioner. This plane will meet the TAA requirements instead of needing a complex aircraft for commercial times, and is an excellent IFR training aircraft.
- 1979 C172N
- Garmin 430W
- Dynon HDX dual touch screens with backup
- Wifi panel connection for flight planning
- ADS-B in and out
- Air Conditioning
- Cessna 172N Dynon Checklist
- $155 per hour (wet rate)
We conduct most Instrument training in our glass panel aircraft, N123TT
1 Training information helpful to pilots at Benton Air Center.
Dynon HDX Related files:
- Dynon online training course before checkout, contact us for details
- Cessna 172N Dynon Checklist (for N123TT)
- Cessna 172N Dynon Quiz (for checkout in N123TT)
- Cessna 172N Dynon Checkout Tasks (for checkout after above quiz is completed)
- Cessna 172N Weight & Balance (for N123TT)
- Dynon Skyview HDX User Guide (pdf)
- Intro to the Dynon Syview HDX (youtube video - For N123TT)
- Skyview HDX Screen Layout (youtube video - For N123TT)
- Skyview HDX Menu Page (youtube video - For N123TT)
- Skyview Autopilot Altitude Controls (youtube video - For N123TT)
- Dynon Skyview training classes (youtube videos)
2 Links to a number of great aviation resources. The G1000 systems uses a lot of layouts similar to the Dynon system.